Thursday, September 8, 2011

Learning about Learning

My learning style is multimodal: kinestetic, visual, reading and writing and audio. I like using a variety of methods for learning material, depending on what I am learning. I grasp concepts easily from text and pictures or diagrams, but when it comes to details I need to draw, recall, rewrite, and turn visuals into words. It is helpful to practice with multiple choice questions, and tor write my own exam questions from the material I am reading. I also benefit from asking questions and giving answers or expanation outloud as it helps me to retain the information over a longer period of time and to stay focused. One advantage of being multimodal is I can adapt more easily to teaching styles as I have multiple sensories to draw from.

Picassohead

No comments:

Post a Comment